As a Test Automation Engineer, I always look for the best & easiest way to test an application. I was evidently vexed designing suitable Selenium frameworks for the application under test. While in search of automation tools, I recently came across Tellurium a web based automation tool. I was amazed with the work done by Tellurim team. So, I have started exploring and would love to confer here. I can say, this will shake up the Test Automation process. I highly recommend Tellurium to any group that needs to develop a comprehensive suite of automated tests that can be easily run and interpreted.
What is Tellurium ?
The Tellurium Automated Testing Framework for web applications began originally two years ago as a project with a different testing concept from that of the Selenium framework. Tellurium was built on UI module concept, which makes it possible to write reusable and maintainable tests.
Tellurium is a solution to increases quality throughout the software development life cycle, decreases testing costs, speed up testing cycles, and reduces risks in production.
Why Tellurium ?
Tellurium is an open source automated testing framework.
The testing framework should be able to provide users without much coding experience the ability to easily write test code or scripts in a familiar way, like by using a domain specific language (DSL).
- Abstract UI objects to encapsulate web UI elements
- DSL for UI definition, actions, and testing
- Integration to Test Management Tool like Jira
- Integrated Data-Driven Framework
- Cross-browser testing by connecting your Tellurium account with Sauce Labs
- Auto-Mailing when test suite has been failed
- Impressive Reports with screenshots
- Inbuilt CI tool
- Tellurium Firefox plugin, Chrome Extension to automatically generate UI modules
- Enables teams to work together from anywhere to maintain and build their test suite
- Unlimited users and projects – so you can share your tests and results with everyone on your team
- Unlimited manual and automated test runs
- A free online test case management and reporting tool
- The ability to import your Selenium IDE tests and manage them in the cloud
Check out Tellurium for free by clicking here.